Posted on August 6, 2019
From our Partners at Carlisle Construction Materials
Importance of Metal Roof Edges and their design, testing, and performance
· Metal Edging not only provides a sleek look but is critical to protecting the entire roof system
· Roof edge failure possibilities: Fasteners are uneven, the metal thickness is too light, and inside corners have no miters.
· The cost of perimeter edge metal is typically only 1% of the total building cost
· It carries the most risk for roof failure
· Solutions: ES-1 test standard developed by Single Ply Roofing Industry (SPRI) and ANSI
· Consideration of design are building height, location, local wind speed data, building occupancy factor, and special terrain characteristics,
· Several wind calculators can be found online at sites such as spri.org
· ANSI/SPRI ES-1 standard will help protect the complete roofing system
Posted on July 29, 2019
Recycled or reused material is being more of a standard in the world today. Johns Manville is following that and is finding new ways to use recycled material in their insulation. To learn more about how they are using recycled material follow this link (https://news.jm.com/blog/hvac-insulation/understanding-recycled-content-insulation-materials ). If you are interested in getting Johns Manville for your job, contact your local MacArthur Co. branch.
Posted on June 11, 2019
Your home is your number one asset. Why wouldn’t you want to upgrade the two most important aspects of it, your roofing and siding? Look at this article from DaVinci Roofscapes to see how upgrading your exterior will not only add curb appeal but can also save you money down the road. Check out the MacArthur Co. products page to find your upgrade.
#siding #exterior #roofing #DaVinciRoofscapes
Posted on June 6, 2019
Are you installing a new roof on your home? Check out this article from Atlas Roofing to avoid some of the most common installation mistakes: https://www.atlasroofing.com/news/article/shingle-installation-mistakes-that-cause-major-problems
Posted on March 7, 2019
Looking for ways to save time? Check out this new tool from CertainTeed Roofing, which helps contractors save money and improve efficiency. We've had numerous contractors utilize this tool and they say they can't imagine business without it anymore.